Litelok is the result of years of research, development, engineering and testing. In some of our tests we use machines to apply forces far greater than human can achieve, with Liteloks meeting or exceeding industry standards. Importantly, Litelok has been independently tested by Sold Secure, achieving their highest security rating: Sold Secure Bicycle Gold. In fact, Litelok is the lightest, flexible Sold Secure Gold bike lock. Litelok was awarded Best Bike Lock by Cycling Plus (foldable category).
Matthew ‘Pritch’ Pritchard vs Litelok
We asked Matthew ‘Pritch’ Pritchard, former MTV star of Dirty Sanchez, who has become an ironman athlete, to try to break a single Litelok with common theft tools. He couldn’t do it! Watch the video.
Engineer vs Litelok
The video below demonstrates the high-security of Litelok. We got our Engineer to attack a single Litelok with a range of common theft tools consecutively to show it can withstand sustained attack. The tools we use are:
- cable cutters
- bolt croppers
- cordless drill
- freeze spray, hammer & chisel
- crow bar (aka wrecking bar)
Factory Guy vs Litelok
In the video below, we got the biggest guy in our factory to try to break a Litelok using a leverage attack, with a tool similar to a crowbar. He couldn't do it.
Real Bike Thieves vs Litelok
Liteloks have proven themselves on the streets too:
- Read here how a customer in New York City almost had his bicycle stolen, but didn’t, thanks to his Litelok. The bike thief simply could not break it.
- Litelok stops bike thief in London.
- This customer in Lyon, France still has her bike because of her Litelok bike lock.
- A thief tried to cut a customer’s Litelok with bolt cutters but failed, in Liverpool, UK.
Follow Litelok on Twitter.